Sign in to follow this  
Riverman1

Swimbaits

What's everyone's favorite swimbaits. I'm gonna start throwing them more and don't wanna spend a ton of money buying every brand on the market. So far I've bought and had some luck on the keitech.  I think I'm gonna try the boom shad with a ledge Head underspin. 

You can never go wrong with a keitech. From the 2.8 all the way to the 4.8, they catch fish. I prefer a basstrix and a STC to a boom shad in that style bait. 

Keitech and Zoom swimmers are my favorites. But they all seem to be pretty good. Colors seems to be more important than name brand to me.

The one thing I’ve never caught a fish on, save some dinks with the small Berkeley’s years ago. Idk how to fish a swim bait at all. 

Doug makes swimbaits that catch the crap out of them. I have to reload frequently. The key to me is the paddle tail and how well it thumps especially at slow speeds. The old sassy shads still work too

Edited by rusty50576

+1 on Softy's swimbaits.  I have several sizes, 2.5" up to 7".  He makes a terrific paddle tail bait.  Also makes terrific flukes.

I also use the Keitechs.  I like the 2.8" for the damiki rig, the 3-4" baits for the a-rig.  Gambler Big EZ and Little EZ are some other good choices.

I am adding the small flukes back in my molds and can now begin pouring the 2 inch Flukes!

Going to be practicing pouring them cause they are a challenge right now.........:lol:

002.JPG

Reaction Innovations skinny dipper for me. Caught a ton of big smallmouth on a 5" white trash. Big bite baits makes a knock off of the dipper & i have caught a bunch of fish on it too. They also make a hollow style that works good. It is almost identical to the zoom. One thing that sticks out to me is the lack of largemouth i catch on swimbaits. Ive thrown them alot too. All different kinds & sizes. Barely caught any Lm. Except for one technique that i use at night that sometimes loads the boat on Lm or sm. But the rest of the time i get nothing as far as Lm go.