Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman

Tourney Scales

As many of you know, our tourney scales bit the dust at this year's classic. This set was donated to us by one of our members & has been great for almost 10 years now. TNBF is a non profit organization, therefore we don't have the funds necessary to buy new scales. Therefore, Jamie and I have set up a GoFundMe account to help with this purchase. The link is below. For nearly 10 years we have been hosting these tourneys and I personally love every minute of it. However, without scales, there's not an efficient, fair way to determine tournament winners. You guys do a ton to help us keep this site & trail up and running. As much as I hate to come asking for help, the site trail needs it. Anything you can spare helps us out. Below are links to both the GoFundMe page and to the scales we hope to purchase. Thanks again!

https://www.gofundme.com/tnbf-tournament-scales-fund

https://tournamentscales.com/h2-scale-deluxe-system/

Between the wife and kids for Christmas, and my youngest breaking his foot on the 21st. I am spent out at the moment. But will gladly donate here in a week or two when I get some money saved back up. Guys, I know there have been a couple donations of $100 on this, but it really doesn’t have to be a big dollar amount to donate. We’ve got 4385 members. I know all of those aren’t active, but if everyone who is active or logs in regularly even donated $20, we could knock this out quickly to get these scales. This is a really fun trail and hopefully we can get this taken care of so that we can get the schedule together for next year and as always, we look forward to having everyone come out and fish with us. 

Ok guys......I've had a lot of questions about donations outside of GoFundMe, due mostly to misinformation on the fees GFM charges. For starters, being a limited non profit, we are restricted as to fund raising and paper trails for tax purposes & govt accounting. Therefore, it greatly simplifies things to use a fundraising organization like GFM. Now, I've heard stories about GFM charging 25% of each donation and 30% of your total raised......it's not. Apparently, there's a lot of misinformation out there, so I thought I'd clarify it some. GoFundMe charges 2.9% of the total raised, plus 30 cents per donation. So, if we make our goal, we will pay GFM $72.50. on top of that, any donation that is made, 30 cents of it goes to GFM. So if 200 people donate, we will pay $72.50 plus GFM will take in $60 off the donations. Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion surrounding GoFundMe & their fees. That said, when you go to GFM to donate to our fund, it will ask you if you want to donate to GFM. You do not have to. You can select a generic percentage, specify an amount or skip it altogether. Just FYI there.

We have a great start on raising the money needed for our new scales. Jamie & I would like to thank everyone who has already generously donated. And as Chris said above, don't feel like you have to drop a ton of money. Anything you can give gets us closer to our goal. It's a tough time of year, post Christmas and all, and this fundraiser will run as long as we need it to. Thanks again for all your help.

Bump. Let’s get some more money coming in here guys. Tourney season is just around the corner. We all love this site, and trail. Always been very smoothly ran tourneys, and an awesome group of guys. For years, it’s been mostly the same guys giving their time, free of charge, to run these tourneys and this site. Always been 100% payout, without any money for expenses. Anything we can give, even if it’s just a $20 bill, to help out with the cost of these scales, and contribute to these guys to keep this awesome trail running smooth, would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to donate and got this message. "There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account."

Glitch in bank transfer info. Sorry guys. Should be back on line effective immediately. Thanks!