Sign in to follow this  
snj60

Metal blade vibe lures

Has anyone used those metal blade vibe lures. I tied line directly to the body that didn't work. I put a split ring on one but the weather came in I couldn't get back out to try it. I'm just checking to see if there is a trick to making them swim right.

That's exactly what they come with. Snap, minus the swivel. I would imagine the swivel would let it spin instead of flutter up & down. Flutter is what you're looking for. If you're choices are snap swivel or split ring, I'd go with the split ring.

+1 - snap, swivel, or split ring.  You have to have something between the blade and the line.  If you're fishing in striper waters (all of TN) you want at least a 20# snaplink.  Doesn't take much to break off one of the weaker ones.

I use a split ring on my silver buddies. They’re a great bait, but one of the hangingest things that’s ever been made. Make sure you’ve got plug knockers handy and be ready to cuss a lot. 

3 hours ago, bronzebackhuntr said:

I use a split ring on my silver buddies. They’re a great bait, but one of the hangingest things that’s ever been made. Make sure you’ve got plug knockers handy and be ready to cuss a lot. 

They do hang up alot. But you can cut down on hang ups by just removing the rear hook & upsizing the front hook. 

I will give that a try when I get back got to go out of town for a couple of months to make some money. Thanks for info.