Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

PolarKraft???

Anyone know anything about em? They look very similar to a Tracker to me, but I’ve never heard of em. Wondering the quality, layout, ride, etc. 

My stepdad had one 14×48 flat bottom jon boat for 10 years and he traded it in for a aluminum craft 16×48  and he wish he kept the polarkraft it was built better it was thicker gauge alum the polarkraft. are good boats rogersville marina use sell them when he bought he's new off chuck never had any problems with it dry ride and no leaks had aluminum craft started leak after a year both were pop rivet boats not all weld if I was going by a new aluminum boat it would be all welded hull hope this help you out I have a  monark jon boat very good alum boat brand too 

If I was going  drop money on a new aluminum bass boat it would be a ranger are express boats are Tracker boats would be the ones I've been looking into some boats myself  in few years am going all new if I can afford it lol it's going be at least 18 footer the best warranty what am after and resale value 

My brother has PolarKfraft. No issues and he's had it and used it a lot over the past several years.

I'm kicking around the idea of a flat bottom for the river. I'd also prefer welded over rivets. But I would not hesitate to have PolarKraft as they seem to be high quality.

Steve,

If you are looking for a new boat, I would check out the Tracker 195. I have had a 175 for a few years now and the top speed of about 35 mph gets to you after a while. Not to mention the slimmer hull can be a little unstable at times. I am planning on trading mine up soon. I have been shopping around looking at the Nitros, which did not impress me at all. You get more boat for the dollar with a Triton by comparison. The Tracker 195 though, very large casting deck, 150 hp mercury (top speed 63-65) for around $26k. I have kind of narrowed my search down to the 195 or a Triton 189.

I get what you’re saying, and I’ve thought about it, but it’s a $10k+ price difference too, for a guy that doesn’t get to fish a ton every year. I found a 2013 PolarKraft 175 for $10k. I was wanting to find out if it’s a good deal or not, but can’t get much info on it. 

found this walk through of a 2011 model. Looks pretty nice.  I would be interested in the ride quality.

2 hours ago, Karma said:

I would be interested in the ride quality.

Maybe if SteveH gets this ride, he'll swing thru out there one day & you two can hang out on Dale Hollow.:thumbsup2:

4 hours ago, Mountainman said:

Maybe if SteveH gets this ride, he'll swing thru out there one day & you two can hang out on Dale Hollow.:thumbsup2:

yeah then he can see me get pissed and throw my gear into that lake.

I love that lake, gorgeous but.... it frustrates me beyond belief.

I've had some great trips there. Some not so great. When you grow up on South Holston, Dale hollow ain't too hard to figure out