Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

New boat

233459F7-1903-4805-AB61-217311E72047.jpeg

B9D0F0A1-0AEA-40CD-B74F-3B5904710102.jpeg

0BB3FA5E-96E4-4469-8934-A1EAC83DAF04.jpeg

Well there’s my new Jon fellas. Pressure washed it. Just gotta vacuum it out and get the portable livewell installed 

😎 you can slip around unnoticed in that one. I use to do that in the Skeeter. None of the crappie fishermen knew I was one too.

Congrats! It looks good. Have you figured out the livewell situation? I've got a buddy that uses a mid size (40-60qt) cooler with an battery powered bubble box and he's never weighed in a dead fish.

1 hour ago, Astro180 said:

Congrats! It looks good. Have you figured out the livewell situation? I've got a buddy that uses a mid size (40-60qt) cooler with an battery powered bubble box and he's never weighed in a dead fish.

I was thinking that, but I’ll probably just use the Toho-Rig. It’s already plumbed and ready to go, but still portable, so I can remove it when I don’t need it. 

Can’t wait to get back to donating y’all money. LOL 

Now that's my kind of boat! Congrats! Take that baby up above rankin bridge mid/late summer and throw some big lures and hang on 

Congratulations on your new boat. Was it stored in the water for an extended period of time? Lower unit looks pretty dirty...

7 hours ago, GlitterRocket said:

Congratulations on your new boat. Was it stored in the water for an extended period of time? Lower unit looks pretty dirty...

Yeah it was tied to the dock at my cousins for awhile. The boat cleaned up well, but I never could get that muddy look off the lower unit

30 minutes ago, SteveHTN said:

Yeah it was tied to the dock at my cousins for awhile. The boat cleaned up well, but I never could get that muddy look off the lower unit

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000AXNNA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520990615&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=on+and+off+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=41w81NZVbNL&ref=plSrch best stuff I've found.

Edited by GlitterRocket

Muriatic acid works great. Pour in garden sprayer & apply to bottom, scum line & lower unit. High pressure off. BTW.....don't breath too much of the fumes & don't get the foam or rinse water on your grass.

Thanks for the info fellas

That year model of Grizzly didn’t have a floor, so I’m gonna put one down, then add the livewell and she’s ready to go. I was thinking about taking her out today, till I looked outside and saw the weather..........

Here’s a question for y’all- if I were to build a tackle storage hatch and a rod locker outta plywood, would it add too much weight to the boat?

Thanks dude. For some reason it didn’t start today. Cranked fine, but wasn’t even trying to fire. I think the stop button is stuck closed