Sign in to follow this  
HarryDee

River/lake fishing

Looking at buying my first boat and looking at G3 and the 40th anniversary bass tracker at bass pro. Anyone have any inputs on what's better or something else I could check into? I fish river now but want to get into some lake fishing as well, so something that would be good for both.

Thanks

For the money it’s awful hard to beat the new Tracker, and it should certainly do ok in most rivers, imo. 

It's hard to comment without knowing what models you're looking at. I have a new G3 and there are several tracker owners on here.

By the way... if you're talking about the $10,000 new tracker, don't expect anyone else to beat that price on a new boat set up similar. That's a heck of a price. I'd doubt you'd get within a few thousand dollars of that price. If you are, I've also heard they are getting ready to cut off production of them so you better act soon if it's true.

Thanks guys I'm still doing some research and going to look at a few. Will try to keep up to date with what I find lol

I’m not sure your price range, but I’ve finally looked at some of the Vexus boats and they’re sharp aluminum boats (their snobbery on bbc to one of our site members aside). But if you want cheap and simple, you won’t beat the Tracker Heritage, as said, when it comes to price.