Sign in to follow this  
brwnbass

Pencil popper

Has anybody got into these things yet? Its an old school striper/saltwater topwater lure that has been downsized a bit for bass. It has a different action to it than a spook or popper type bait. It pivots more on its tail & the cupped mouth spits a good amount of water. I bought several of them to try out over the winter. Im just now starting to use them & already catching fish. I like the ima little stik 135 & the evergreen shower blows 125 alot. The evergreen is tough to find in very many colors, but the emerald shiner isn't bad & thats what most people still have. Give them a try, they have a different look & seem to work well.

I like shower blows too, but I’m married now and don’t get to give them very often.....  lol

seriously, I love the sb. The 125 and even the 150 size flat out catch em. Blue back herring and bone are my two favorite colors. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bronzebackhuntr said:

I like shower blows too, but I’m married now and don’t get to give them very often..... 

Bet your boyfriend misses that......:puke:

1 hour ago, Mountainman said:

Bet your boyfriend misses that......:puke:

I knew someone would go there. And I’d have honestly been disappointed if it was anyone other than you Andy. 

4 hours ago, bronzebackhuntr said:

I like shower blows too, but I’m married now and don’t get to give them very often.....  lol

That's waaayyyy more information than i needed. And now we all know where your nickname comes from. Sorry, but you walked right into that one, lol. I'd say you feel much better now tho, since you are officially "out of the closet". Lmao.

Lol. Chris, you did step right into that. With the sharp minds around here you gots to be careful, although it is very comical

Hey, without giving y’all some entertainment, where would we all be? I haven’t been to a tourney yet this year, so I’m sure you’re all missing out on some good old giving Chris heck time. And Matt, I didn’t say give. Andy edited that in there cause he’s an a$$hole. 

Gosh!! In a fishing site far far away I remember another post similar to this one that had over 1000 posts in it and went on for like three months. Don't know how many folks here can remember it but it began about the time Broke Back Mountain the movie came out. There was talks of camp outs up in the mountains by site members and Skunk Apes and Walmart visits late at night!!! I can only remember bits and pieces of it now but back when is was HOT!! and it began with a post very similar to this one.........:clap:  I can't remember all the folks that are here from that far away fishing site but I think Andy, Jamie, Dwayne and myself to name a few where there on the site? Anyone remember that of is it all but forgotten Oh yea I think pickled eggs was a part of the thread and a green glow on the lake off in the distances at night....:460: It was very funny for sure and reading posts in it had me laughing till my guts where hurting every night.:potstir:

Edited by softbaitmaker

8 hours ago, softbaitmaker said:

Gosh!! In a fishing site far far away I remember another post similar to this one that had over 1000 posts in it and went on for like three months. Don't know how many folks here can remember it but it began about the time Broke Back Mountain the movie came out. There was talks of camp outs up in the mountains by site members and Skunk Apes and Walmart visits late at night!!! I can only remember bits and pieces of it now but back when is was HOT!! and it began with a post very similar to this one.........:clap:  I can't remember all the folks that are here from that far away fishing site but I think Andy, Jamie, Dwayne and myself to name a few where there on the site? Anyone remember that of is it all but forgotten Oh yea I think pickled eggs was a part of the thread and a green glow on the lake off in the distances at night....:460: It was very funny for sure and reading posts in it had me laughing till my guts where hurting every night.:potstir:

them  were the good old days........lol

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2018 at 2:08 AM, bronzebackhuntr said:

Hey, without giving y’all some entertainment, where would we all be? I haven’t been to a tourney yet this year, so I’m sure you’re all missing out on some good old giving Chris heck time. And Matt, I didn’t say give. Andy edited that in there cause he’s an a$$hole. 

Lmfao

14 hours ago, Z-91 said:

them  were the good old days........lol

I knew someone would speak up and remember that thread......:headbang: We had some real fun with that thread for about a month or more. That one and the Pickle Egg thread was another one that was almost a book by the time it went away. I want you to know I have an old man that lives next to me and ever so often he will show up at my door with a gallon jar of those darn things even today. When eggs are on slae is when I will get a jar. I  know a couple guys that do eat them and love them so I give them the eggs and they bring the jar back for me to give him when he shows up with a new jar of them. The guys I give them to say they are the best they have ever had and I just say, "glad you like them..............:thumbsup2: