Sign in to follow this  
pitchin pigs

Triton boats

So on my lake Fork trip I was chatting with the guide about possibly buying a new triton soon, he told me that he heard that after bass pro bought the company, and was planning to eventually do away with Triton boats and he recommended going on another direction saying that a triton would lose a lot of resale value because of the brand being discontinued. Anybody heard these rumors and does anyone agree with what he said about resale value? Just curious

I doubt very seriously that Triton boats will be leaving any time soon. Way to big of a money maker for Johnny.

If that's the boat you want go buy it. I don't there going to lose value any time soon.

Triton ain't going anywhere. Way way too many of them out there for Johnny to drop em out.

I have heard that also although I was told it wasn't a rumor that The triton line will be going away. This was from a dealer but until you see the official announcement who knows. 

Well, I just bought a new one about 4 weeks ago.  There was no mention of Triton going away. 

There is some consolidation going on - brands, styles, manufacturing - but, like others have said, I doubt one of the top selling lines will be part of that.