Sign in to follow this  
SteveHTN

Rusty hooks

Last time I went out, I noticed some of my crank and jig hooks had some light rust on em (my guess is from sitting so long unused). Anyone have ideas how to remove it? I’ve read lemon juice and salt, and a few other things online, but I’m not so sure about all of that. On a side note- I probably need to upgrade hooks on my cranks anyways, but that aside......

Once you get a plano box that has rust in it, it is hard to keep everything you put in there from rusting again. I'd replace the hooks and replace the box.

try Coca-Cola - works fast, cleans up easily.

speaking of Plano, those blue anti-rust thingies that come w/ some of their boxes really do work.  you might wanna pick up some (you can buy the tabs separately from TW, other places).  put a couple in every tray.

You can get mustad kvd triple grip hooks fairly cheap on ebay. These aren't the ultra points, but they are pretty dang sharp. They have short & regular shank. I recommend the 2 x short 1 x strong ewg for cranks. Look up bellator tackle store on ebay. They have 20 to 25  packs for $5 to $8 depending on size. I just looked them up & they have 25 #6 for $3.90.

Edited by brwnbass