Sign in to follow this  
bronzebackhuntr

Ned rig

Ok, no doubt this technique catches tons of fish. But I have a simple question that I have yet to find a simple answer to. How the¬†ūü§¨¬†do you rig the darn thing straight consistently? I bet I have to thread that¬†ūü§¨¬†worm on the he hook 10 times to get it even remotely straight.¬†

I havent tried the elaztech material but I have been known to rip a worm to shreds and throw it into orbit from frustration after 15-20 attempts to get them to hang straight! A lot of the videos I have seen of people fishing the ned, the worm isn’t straight when they show the bait but they just fish it anyway. I just use small portions of a variety of floating soft plastics on cheaper jigheads. Even still I try to rig them weedless, hard to fish bottom with exposed hooks in the crazy current near me. 

1 hour ago, trackertxw175 said:

Practice grasshopper. Superglue gel is your friend.

Ross- Are you suggesting splitting/slicing it down the middle deep enough to insert around the ned head then glueing it? Does super glue hold good enough to do that? 

19 minutes ago, Buckeye83 said:

Ross- Are you suggesting splitting/slicing it down the middle deep enough to insert around the ned head then glueing it? Does super glue hold good enough to do that? 

Negative. It will stretch enough to"short rig" and pull up to base of jig head. One drop of gel and it's done. Although , I like what you just suggested. And yes, the gel will put it back together. Has to be the gel type. Regular super glue will work but it's way too runny to work with in my opinion.

Edited by trackertxw175

The super glue works but I make a mess!  Sticky fingers LOL    I'm experimenting with Elmers that has a small brush purchased at Hobby Lobby. I'll know more about it after I get to fish it tonight, hopefully.   Small bottle with small brush.

Attaching TRD to regular shaky head jig can be almost impossible. I'm going to try heating the spring with bic lighter.  Friend says it works good----shall see said the blind man!

1 hour ago, Tubejig said:

The super glue works but I make a mess!  Sticky fingers LOL    I'm experimenting with Elmers that has a small brush purchased at Hobby Lobby. I'll know more about it after I get to fish it tonight, hopefully.   Small bottle with small brush.

Attaching TRD to regular shaky head jig can be almost impossible. I'm going to try heating the spring with bic lighter.  Friend says it works good----shall see said the blind man!

Where you fishing tonight?

Edited by bronzebackhuntr

This stuff is easy to use. Costs more, but worth it.

2 hours ago, Tubejig said:

17281.jpeg

Might get a bottle of that Russ.  Fishing the Big Injun tonight.  Little 3 hr deal

Fished a little T last night -3hrs-and only had 2 throwbacks. 25E bridge. Kinda tough for us anyway.   The TRD that I used the brush on worked. Stayed stuck and straight and fishless LOL

Didn't try the lighter.   But I'm gonna pick up a bottle of the gel and try that as well.

I refuse to fish with something called a turd. Lol.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2018 at 4:16 PM, Tubejig said:

Fished a little T last night -3hrs-and only had 2 throwbacks. 25E bridge. Kinda tough for us anyway.   The TRD that I used the brush on worked. Stayed stuck and straight and fishless LOL

Didn't try the lighter.   But I'm gonna pick up a bottle of the gel and try that as well.

how is the water out there?

Everything was blown out brown when I was driving west out of K Town the other day.

Water looked fine. Floater or 2 here and there.  6 p temp 85.   Fish are almost cooked if you like to eat them LOL

I ordered 2 packs of the big turds & 2 packs of the ned heads in 1/4 & 3/8 oz. The heads have a screwlock keeper built in & a sickle style hook. First one i tried went on pretty straight but won't pull all the way up, so its gonna get the gloo. Im assuming you fish this thing like a shaky head, so what makes it so good?

On 7/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, brwnbass said:

I refuse to fish with something called a turd. Lol.

9 days later...........

13 minutes ago, brwnbass said:

I ordered 2 packs of the big turds & 2 packs of the ned heads in 1/4 & 3/8 oz. The heads have a screwlock keeper built in & a sickle style hook. First one i tried went on pretty straight but won't pull all the way up, so its gonna get the gloo. Im assuming you fish this thing like a shaky head, so what makes it so good?

Heheheūüė¨

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, brwnbass said:

Yes, with the weights you mentioned you fish it like a shakey Head. With the lighter weights 1/10, 1/20 you fish it like a tightline. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, SteveHTN said:

9 days later...........

Heheheūüė¨

I will throw anything, from a 3" worm to a 9" swimbait. I try it all.ūüėÄ

Edited by brwnbass

I'd fish a turd if it'd catch fish!  I love the little deal also.  They bite it, but I can't catch any big ones on it.  I have trouble rigging it also, but the zman heads make a difference on getting them straight.  I've got some heads that are made by a local guy and it takes 172 attempts to get it like I want it on those.  Good thing they don't tear like regular plastic.

Edited by sputterbuzz

Ok. After using this thing a couple times, i have found 2 things, it hangs up WAAAYYY too much on the open hook head.2, Its hard to rig right. But, i found a way to rig it easy. I noticed it had a built in hole in the head, but it wasn't deep enough for the screw lock. So i took a nail (standard framing nail, 16 p?) heated it with a lighter & inserted it a bit farther in & melted a bigger pocket. Works like a charm. Get it rigged up straight, pull it down a bit, put a bit of super glue on & its ready to go. But since it hangs so much, i just started texas rigging it, on a 1/0 hook with an 1/8 oz tungsten weight. Works much better for me, doesn't hang nearly as much & still catches fish. Now its time to experiment with it. Split shot rig, drop shot, ect.