Sign in to follow this  
brwnbass

Berkley max scent

Anybody use this stuff? I saw alot of the pros at the last bassmaster event were drop shotting with the small worm. I'm very fond of the old powerbait worms, but never got into the gulp stuff much.

I use the gulp Alive alot their awesome in clear water I haven’t tried the max scent but will try them soon and will let you know I love the black shad color

The Gulp! stuff is the real deal.  Have not tried Maxscent.

Gulp will get me bites in the dead of winter when nothing else seems  to. I miss winter already......

2 hours ago, rusty50576 said:

Gulp will get me bites in the dead of winter when nothing else seems  to. I miss winter already......

Not necessarily winter, but I’m ready for fall!!!

On 7/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, rusty50576 said:

I tried the gulp minnows. Couldn't get a bite damiki rigging or drop shotting them. Changed baits to a yamamoto shad shape worm or armor shad & get bit. I also tried it on a float & fly on a 1/8 jighead & got nothin. Its fine by me tho, i don't have to get that crap on my hands. It smells like wolf vomit. Lol.

i do wonder how much any scent matters. I seem to catch the same number of fish regardless. Of course as few as I ever catch, it’s pretty easy for me to keep count......

11 hours ago, brwnbass said:

I tried the gulp minnows. Couldn't get a bite damiki rigging or drop shotting them. Changed baits to a yamamoto shad shape worm or armor shad & get bit. I also tried it on a float & fly on a 1/8 jighead & got nothin. Its fine by me tho, i don't have to get that crap on my hands. It smells like wolf vomit. Lol.

Hahah! It is foul 

12 hours ago, brwnbass said:

Nathan Light swears by the gulp in those 3B Outdoors videos. 

"wolf vomit" - that image is now etched permanently in my mind.  wow.

if you're catfishing and are having trouble getting bites the Gulp! stuff will fix that.  they love it.

• Haha 1

So, I couldn't let this go.  Like I said, I'm scarred for life.

I did a google search on "wolf vomit" and got a interesting assortment of hits.  For starters, there's a song out there called "wolf vomit" by Revenant.  They're a metal band (2000s definition, not '80s or '90s) and released this as a single in May of 2017.  I'm referring to it as a song because there are lyrics and instruments involved but I'll be damned if I can figure out what those doods are singing about.

Just below the Revenant single is a collection of You-toob vids of wolves and coyotes feeding their respective young.  It involves - wait for it now - sharing regurgitated food.  "What's for dinner, maw?"  "Your fav, dear - wolf vomit."

For complete transparency it's only right that I tell you I did this via the routine google search option.  I wouldn't dare put something like this in as a "do you feel lucky?" kinda search.  I'll leave that to Brwnbass.

Holy screaming bat shit.......I like metal & hard core rock, but that's uncalled for & obscenely weird. Thank you, airborne, for the introduction to something.....uh....new.

I was good right up to the "Whats  for dinner Maw"? and then I closed my eyes for just a  second and that was all it took to brand it into my brain for ever...............:moon:.......:potstir: 

This isn’t exactly where I pictured this thread going.......

Now if I could only unpicture it 😐

I got 2 packs of the max scent 4.5"  "hit worms". 1st 3 casts, 2 smallmouth & a missed bite. They were just little fellas, but they chomped it hard & took off with it. Thanks, Airborne, i knew i could count on you. Lol.😛. Steve, i have developed my own scent concoction that they either eat, or die from smelling, lol. Its berkleys gulp shrimp marinade, liquid mayhem, & pro cure garlic crayfish & bang anise oil all mixed together. I put it in a small spray bottle, and you better make dam sure you don't spray it into the wind. The first time i used it, i laid the bait on the trunk of my old beater car & sprayed it on. 5 mins later (after catching 32 fish and losing my bait) i went back to the car to get re-rigged & saw that it had eaten the paint off to the bare metal. Its been almost 2 years now, and i still can't drive that car......😁

10 hours ago, SteveHTN said:

This isn’t exactly where I pictured this thread going.......

Now if I could only unpicture it 😐

Steve - it's brwnbass' fault.  He started it w/ "wolf vomit".

9 hours ago, brwnbass said:

I got 2 packs of the max scent 4.5"  "hit worms". 1st 3 casts, 2 smallmouth & a missed bite. They were just little fellas, but they chomped it hard & took off with it. Thanks, Airborne, i knew i could count on you. Lol.😛. Steve, i have developed my own scent concoction that they either eat, or die from smelling, lol. Its berkleys gulp shrimp marinade, liquid mayhem, & pro cure garlic crayfish & bang anise oil all mixed together. I put it in a small spray bottle, and you better make dam sure you don't spray it into the wind. The first time i used it, i laid the bait on the trunk of my old beater car & sprayed it on. 5 mins later (after catching 32 fish and losing my bait) i went back to the car to get re-rigged & saw that it had eaten the paint off to the bare metal. Its been almost 2 years now, and i still can't drive that car......😁

Lmfao. That’s starting to get iffy on EPA regs right there. LOL