Astro180

Tokyo rig???

So i just caught a glimpse of the new vmc Tokyo rig they just released at ICast. Have any of you seen it yet? It looks interesting.... Trying to figure out how you could rig your own since they are only available to pre order right now.....

4 minutes ago, Astro180 said:

So i just caught a glimpse of the new vmc Tokyo rig they just released at ICast. Have any of you seen it yet? It looks interesting.... Trying to figure out how you could rig your own since they are only available to pre order right now.....

I don't think it's anything that new. Ike went over to Japan a few years back and there was a write up done on Bassmasters that went into detail on how to make it. 

https://m.bassmaster.com/mike-iaconelli/interesting-ideas-japan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BulletDeuce said:

I don't think it's anything that new. Ike went over to Japan a few years back and there was a write up done on Bassmasters that went into detail on how to make it. 

https://m.bassmaster.com/mike-iaconelli/interesting-ideas-japan

Ok, then I guess I'm just behind the times.😂 Still looks like a cool rig to me has anyone here tried it?? I might make one up and throw it this weekend.

2 Split rings & a tungsten drop shot weight is what ive used. Put both rings on the hook, put the weight on one & tie your line to the other. Gives it more movement with  2 rings. Works good with a swimbait or a fluke. Its called a jika rig.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brwnbass said:

2 Split rings & a tungsten drop shot weight is what ive used. Put both rings on the hook, put the weight on one & tie your line to the other. Gives it more movement with  2 rings. Works good with a swimbait or a fluke. Its called a jika rig.

Basically just drag it like a c-rig? 

Yeah Dad has a ton of them. I've personally never tried it but Dad throws it a lot. Still looking for his first fish on it lol

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 2:14 PM, Astro180 said:

Basically just drag it like a c-rig? 

You can drag it, swim it or stroke it. I use a 3/8 oz drop shot weight in spring during the shad spawn. Sometimes stroking a swimbait ( big bite 4" cane thumper)on this rig at night is lights out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brwnbass said:

You can drag it, swim it or stroke it. I use a 3/8 oz drop shot weight in spring during the shad spawn. Sometimes stroking a swimbait ( big bite 4" cane thumper)on this rig at night is lights out.

I'll have to give that a shot, thanks!!