brwnbass

Whopper Plopper 75

Got 2 of these from tackle warehouse, & i think they have a winner. It works much better than the 90. Its shorter than the 90 but much fatter. I put bigger hooks on mine & it still floats & comes thru the water good. Had several blow ups & caught a 3lber on the first trip with it. Hook up ratio wasn't good, it seemed like the couldn't suck it down from behind. I will have to experiment with it some more, but it gets the bites fo sho!

20180729_072527.jpg

I've got two of the 90's, never thrown them. 😂 I bought them thinking i would tear up the brownies on the clinch, but I've yet to make it there yet.....I've heard they're killer on rivers and in ponds.

I've caught a lot of small fish on the 90 model. I like the loon (black) and the bone color. I saw a video the other day that stated the louder noise it made on the retrieve the more successful it was! Not sure about that yet. 

1 hour ago, Ranger333v said:

I've caught a lot of small fish on the 90 model. I like the loon (black) and the bone color. I saw a video the other day that stated the louder noise it made on the retrieve the more successful it was! Not sure about that yet. 

Hm, that makes sense. I know buzzbaits usually do best when they are annoyingly squeaky. 

On 7/30/2018 at 9:31 PM, SteveHTN said:

Hm, that makes sense. I know buzzbaits usually do best when they are annoyingly squeaky. 

Yes. I have modified my buzzbaits for years to make them squeak more/louder. I started building my own buzzbaits about 2 years ago & using some brass blades & they squeak real good once they get broke in.