In light of the wind forecast, I've spoken with almost everyone who's fishing tonight and we've all agreed that this needs to be postponed. Wind Warning alert I got from NOAA says 4pm today thru 4am Monday, 15-30 mph winds with gusts to 50, not to mention pouring rain. Coupled with the drop in lake level to accommodate the rain, the ramp at TVA is iffy at best. Once I've talked to the other guys on the tournament committee, we will post a rescheduled date on here. Looking at dates from next Saturday (22nd) up to Saturday the 6th of October. It will be sooner rather than later. I apologize for any inconveniences, but if the wind is anywhere near as bad as they're forecasting, the lake is not a great place to be. Safety trumps fishing every time. Thanks for understanding & I'll post a rescheduled date ASAP.

Andy

I think this was a good call. Even given my history of liking to fish in bad weather, I had reservations about this. I live in a protected valley and the wind has been howling over the tops of the hills for last couple hours here.

2 hours ago, trackertxw175 said:

I think this was a good call. Even given my history of liking to fish in bad weather, I had reservations about this. I live in a protected valley and the wind has been howling over the tops of the hills for last couple hours here.

+1.. Safety first and foremost!!

1 hour ago, basskicker said:

The night bite is just now starting to get good. They always stop the night time rodeo's to soon.

I'm no night guy tho lol. 

I love the night fishing game and have been waiting all year for this tournament because Boone is my favorite lake. I think we missed a prime opportunity last night with all the current from TVA pulling the lakes down.  I think they would've been feeding like sharks.  I was up at 1 am and it hadn't rained yet and it was dead calm. Now its 7 am with off and on light drizzle and still no wind here in south Johnson City. You just got to love the weather idiots.

I live on Boone & have been having some work done that has relocated me to a cabin on the water at South Holston. Dropped by the house last night around 9 & it was blowing pretty good. Not unbearable, but pulled in Sugar Hollow ramp & there was a good chop on the water. Went to the cabin & fell asleep around 1130. Woke up at 1 with a boat that had broke loose up against the house. Walked the dock & found several with broken ropes. Main channel had 2 footers rolling up on to the tire line. We might have missed some good fishing, but we also missed a bad situation. If Boone looked anything like Holston did at 1am, I have no regrets about rescheduling.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mountainman said:

I live on Boone & have been having some work done that has relocated me to a cabin on the water at South Holston. Dropped by the house last night around 9 & it was blowing pretty good. Not unbearable, but pulled in Sugar Hollow ramp & there was a good chop on the water. Went to the cabin & fell asleep around 1130. Woke up at 1 with a boat that had broke loose up against the house. Walked the dock & found several with broken ropes. Main channel had 2 footers rolling up on to the tire line. We might have missed some good fishing, but we also missed a bad situation. If Boone looked anything like Holston did at 1am, I have no regrets about rescheduling.

I think it was the right choice, I agree we probably missed some killer fishing, but it was better to go ahead and call it.

What gets me is how they go over board on everything on tv news and weather. I know the flooding is bad in North Carolina and we have a lot of rain heading this way but yesterday I was listening to the outdoors show on talk radio and they said that the Forestry Dept. had closed Rat branch , Little Milligan , the rifle range and the picnic areas around Watauga lake for our safety. It didn't even rain yesterday. I have family in Raleigh NC and they said that the wind is like 15 mph with gusts around 20 to 25 mph. That the only thing they're worried about was all the rain.

Always more wind on the water! I went to Cherokee dam sat to see the spilling water. Stood on the dam and it was blowing a sustained 20-25, with gust around 40. Watched several boats coming down the lake having a rough time doing so.  Nobody was headed up the lake in the 30 or so mins we were on the dam. Good thing too, I been there, speering waves in 40mph wind...NOT FUN! Its bad enough in daylight, you really wanna be in that at night? Unquestionably a good call on postponing it! 

The 29th would be better for me if there's any way to work that, I moved my vacation back a week to be able to fish it last night. Supposed to be hitting the road next Saturday.

2 hours ago, Mountainman said:

It'll all depend on when we can have tournament committee folks available

I would be happy to assist in running the tournament, but the 29th is iffy for me. It's youth hunting day here in VA and i've got an 8 year old daughter that is determined she is going to kill her a deer.

I VOTE OCTOBER 6 DUE TO BIG BASS TOURNEY MONEY ALREADY SPENT

Edited by HDHOPPY