how does an ultrex know it is in the stored position?

my buddy's tries to rotate for a second in the stowed position when he first turns power on.

i called minnkota and the person i got didn't know either.

and i'm still on the fence about getting one to replace my quiet, light weight omc that does everything i want except spotlock.

thanks

Not sure on your question. I know the Terrova, Ulterra, and PowerDrive all switch off when you pull them out of the water, but the Ultrexx is completely different being a cable steered electric. As for your other question, I’ve never owned an OMC, but seems everyone here would say to keep that motor till Jesus comes back

finally got someone that knew the answer.

have to replace $200 control board.

think i'll stay with my old one.

Spotlock is well worth it though! I have a Motorguide Xi5. Electric steer, which is..... different, but I couldn't imagine not having the spotlock/anchor function now. 

Spotlock was awesome, but I couldn’t stand the electric steer function on my PowerDrive. No way to raise the motor up for very shallow stuff, and just didn’t give me the quick response I like. That said, Ultrexx solves the issues with all of that, so I’d be willing to give it a whirl. 

I Have an ulterra an I love it just wish I could manually raise it with an pull cord always worried that it might not come back up or the battery die but other than that it’s a great motor