Anyone know if MK has gotten these things reliable? I heard they were having warranty claims for awhile, but figured they’ve worked the bugs out by now? 🤷‍♂️ As much as it pains me to spend hard earned money, it pains me more to keep pulling up heavy anchors, so SpotLock seems to be the ticket. I’ve also looked at the new Garmin and Lowrance, both of which have some cool shiz, but idk about unproven motors for $3k.....

Have you looked into the motorguide tour pro? Dunno the price point between the 4 but it'es be something to look into. 

I’ll check it out. I do like the new Lowrance, because of the way it pairs with their graphs, but who knows how reliable they are. 

Any new tech has bugs to work out and as long as it's an electronic device, it won't be free of malfunction. There have been a few issues with control boards, pedal sensors and steering heads, but by & large, the issues are limited to the earliest models. With a 3 year warranty, it's hard not to have one. Spotlock is a game changer.

Steve - Andy nailed it.  There were issues early on w/ the first gen units.  Those issues have been addressed.  I have one on my sled - can't imagine being without it.  Calling it a game-changer is a gross understatement.  It's by far the biggest enabler I have on board.  Worth every penny IMHO.  You won't be disappointed.  B

I had the PowerDrive on my Jon boat couple years back. I absolutely loved having Spot Lock and heading control. Cruise control was pretty dandy as well. Only thing I didn’t like about it, was if I got very shallow, I couldn’t pull the motor part way up to maneuver. I’m hoping Ultrex allows that, like a traditional cable steer?

On 3/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, SteveHTN said:

I had the PowerDrive on my Jon boat couple years back. I absolutely loved having Spot Lock and heading control. Cruise control was pretty dandy as well. Only thing I didn’t like about it, was if I got very shallow, I couldn’t pull the motor part way up to maneuver. I’m hoping Ultrex allows that, like a traditional cable steer?

It does

8 hours ago, pitchin pigs said:

It does

Awesome. Thanks 

I dont know of anything on the market at this price point that will have such a instant positive impact to your fishing experience. IMO an ultrex is the biggest bang for your buck you can put on your boat.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, SteveHTN said:

Only thing I didn’t like about it, was if I got very shallow, I couldn’t pull the motor part way up to maneuver. 

That's the biggest complaint I have with my Motorguide Xi5. 

Electric steer has been a learning curve as well. Still think I'd prefer a cable. 

You won't regret anything with spot lock. Like everyone else has said, worth every penny. 

I’ve had my ultrex for over 3 years now. Had a couple of issues with it to start with but they was covered by the warranty and had the boat back in a couple of days. In my opinion the Spotlock feature can’t be beat. If your really serious about fishing it’s worth every penny.

I've had 2 ultrex's so far.    I think it's the best thing I've ever purchased.  Spot lock is expensive but I think it's worth the money.  Makes dealing with wind a breeze [pun intended] and staying on target for vertical fishing is so much easier.

Would not want to fish without it but I do fish a lot.

8 hours ago, Tubejig said:

I've had 2 ultrex's so far.    I think it's the best thing I've ever purchased.  Spot lock is expensive but I think it's worth the money.  Makes dealing with wind a breeze [pun intended] and staying on target for vertical fishing is so much easier.

Would not want to fish without it but I do fish a lot.

Oh, I certainly wish I had it during the site tourney Saturday. Those gusts were blowing us off all kinds of great spots. Can’t get the boat to Mr. Cole quick enough. LOL. 

21 hours ago, pitchin pigs said:

Plus if you fish solo a lot like me it makes launching, tying on lures, fighting fish etc. so much easier

Oh I’m sure. It would be freaking awesome if they added the auto stow/deploy from the Ulterra. Then it would really be the cats meow

Andy,  which one do you have? I'm thinking about a non link version 45" 80# model. My power drive foot control is about to drive me nuts!

I had a 45" 80lb 24v non Link model, but sold it last week. Give me a call & I can order you one. I can have most anything I order the next day.