Trolling motor batteries

cb76

Well, I am gonna finally have to spend some money and buy two trolling mtr batteries. The old ones are shot and there are a few choices out there. Are there any batteries out there that anyone has had good luck with without breaking the bank? I would love to buy the ones that look like a six pack (optima's I believe) but that is a little out of the price range since I have to buy a starting battery also. I have the go ahead from the Mrs as long as the price is reasonable. Looking for ideas. Thanks for any info.

I like Interstate and or the worker batteries from Batteries Plus. I have a worker for starting and two Interstate for my trolling motor. This store can sell you a interstate battery for around $20.00 less, also they sale refurbished batteries for about half the cost of a new one. I hope this helps.

Interstate Battery System

5470 Highway 321 North,

Lenoir City, TN 37771

(865) 986-3785

(865) 986-3713 Fax

Gotta be honest, me and Dwayne agree on most things but not the Wally World batteries. Now the smaller sizes are junk, but the biggest trolling motor batteries they sell last me 2-2 1/2 years of hard fishing. I got a year out of some Dekas, 14 months out of Interstates, and about 7 months out of some Duralast POS's (only good use for those things are to use as boat anchors). My great uncle fishes 5 days a week and ran some Optimas for about 4 years, then went back to the Wally World type for a while and said they held a charge better. Just my opinion though. If I wasn't so cheap I would have 4 of the 6 pack batteries on my boat haha.

Gotta be honest, me and Dwayne agree on most things but not the Wally World batteries. Now the smaller sizes are junk, but the biggest trolling motor batteries they sell last me 2-2 1/2 years of hard fishing. I got a year out of some Dekas, 14 months out of Interstates, and about 7 months out of some Duralast POS's (only good use for those things are to use as boat anchors). My great uncle fishes 5 days a week and ran some Optimas for about 4 years, then went back to the Wally World type for a while and said they held a charge better. Just my opinion though. If I wasn't so cheap I would have 4 of the 6 pack batteries on my boat haha.

I agree. I have used the big marine batteries from wal-mart for a long time now, and could not be happier with their performance.

Plus , you can return them 1 yr. later and get brand new batteries every yr. for free if ya want ... :cheers:

Archived