TFO

97astro

I held some at the beach this year... Seemed about average to me without fishing with them. The guide that had them said they had an excellent warranty program. My brother in law bought a spinning rod and kept it about a week before he got rid of it. He didn't like it and they took it back with no questions.

The $99 spinning rods aren't bad but the casting rods aren't worth it, the reel seat isn't an exposed blank, it looks like the reel seats they put on glass rods and the blank isn't to responsive either. If going in that price range I'd suggest a Vendetta, The cheapest rod I own and it goes with me a lot. If you are looking at getting another rod and you don't have a problem with the brand, Tackle Warehouse has the Quantum Tour Edition rods on sale for $65 bucks, the oner I have is awesome and I paid $150 for it years ago and when I saw them on TW I noticed they are still using the same blanks. I'd like to get another one as I have a 6'10" heavy for fishing buzzfrogs and toads, jigs and big texas rigs and it is sensitive. It may be worth a look, the only thing is they have a full cork handle, no split grip and no EVA foam, all cork and a good grade too.