PLine CX or CXX series

Wiseguy909

Both lines are top notch IMHO. There have been some places I've put baits I was sure I wouldn't be able to get a fish out of, but to my surprise I got the fish out & the line was barely frayed. I am not crazy about using them on spinning rods, but you cannot beat throwing a jig or worm on either.

I use CXX when night fishing a jig or TRig. I use it during the day when I find it on sale. For larger lines... 14 and up I think the BPS Excel is just as good. It just doesnt glow as good at night.

I had some problems with the CXX 8 pound line in moss color. Don't know if it was a bad batch but it was pretty bad. I switched to the red box BPS Excel in moss and haven't looked back.

Like BD said, I've pulled some fish out of heavy cove with the 12 and up lines and have been really impressed.

I have used the CX for years and love it.  I use it exclusive for c-rigging and flipping.  I used it for blade fishing also.  The only downside I have to offer is I personally do not like it on spinning reels as it seems to want to roll off the reel too much for my liking. ;)  Try it, I think you would love it. 

All I ever use is 12lb CXX. It is without a doubt the toughest line I have ever used. They did some break strength test on one of the fishing shows a couple of years back and CXX would break at a considerable amount higher than what lb test it was rated for. The best part is it looks as big as a rope under black lights. I love it!!!! I buy it in the big bulk spools and use it for just about every baitcaster I have. I don't use anything higher than 12lb test because I have never needed anything stronger. I think I have only broke off 2 or three times since using it and that was in heavy rocks and probably my fault for not re-tying.