This will make some happy

Z-91

In addition, for the 2014 season, umbrella rigs – commonly known as the Alabama rig or A-rig – will be prohibited from FLW Tour competition.

“FLW has thoughtfully studied the use of umbrella rigs for two seasons, and we’ve decided to no longer permit their use on the FLW Tour,” said FLW President of Operations Kathy Fennel. “The rigs have simply evolved to a point that we can no longer wait for state-enforced restrictions to be developed. That said, umbrella rigs will be permitted in our other tournament circuits, but with restrictions that limit them to a maximum of five wires outfitted with a maximum of five spinners and five lures, only three of which can have hooks. This decision is consistent with the wishes of a majority of our anglers while heading off potential conservation concerns.”

What a bunch of pansies.Makes no sense to ban something that is legal in every state.just because some dont excel at a certain lure dosent mean it should be taken away. Should they ban deep cranks because some are.better with them than others? and before its said, remember crankbaits have 6 hooks on them.

Edited by brwnbass
  • Like 1

I agree with brwnbass & Wiseguy. This is a debate that will go on for a long time. As long as people are following state law, I have no problem with it. It's just like any other lure, you have to find the depth, cover, bait & fish to catch fish on the rig. It's really not as simple as most people make it out to be IMHO.

I enjoy throwing it and have a blast catching fish on it, but I do agree that the guys at the top levels shouldn't use it. They are there because they are supposed to be that d@$n good and it's still legal in all the other flw sanctioned events.

Edited by bronzebackhuntr

What a bunch of pansies.Makes no sense to ban something that is legal in every state.just because some dont excel at a certain lure dosent mean it should be taken away. Should they ban deep cranks because some are.better with them than others? and before its said, remember crankbaits have 6 hooks on them.

I never thought I would stay this but, I'm in agreement with brwnbass

...and some top water and jerkbaits have 3 sets of trebles on them...just sayin...