tr196 evinrude bombardier 150 question

Vafis

Ok hopefully someone can help me here i baught a triton about a yr ago and haven't had any problems. but this past thur we werr fishing a rodeo on soho and ran down before dark. so when it got dark i went up as usual was runnin pretty much wide open when all the sudden my water temp light and alarm starts going off

and i lose power didn't die it would still idle so i turnes the motor off started it back and fished the rest of the night without any other problems. so my question for you guys is what is this alarm and light really mean and what would cause this? thanks huntrr

Ill have to check that i had or have no idea I'm new to owning a boat sort of my dad has always had one and i kno a little about them but not much..i did pay a lot more attention to my water pressure the rest of the night and it good and the boat was "peeing" fine.. thank u tho ill check that out

May have been one of several things. How long since youve had a new waterpump on it? They can be "peeing" fine and not getting enough water pressure to cool the motor properly. May have got something stuck on the water intakes or may be a faulty overheat sensor. Did you lose water pressure on the gauge?

Sorry mines not a e_tec its a ho. i baught the boat from watsons in nov last yr and they said the water pump was new. but I'm not positive what "new" meant. yea my water pressure was fine after i cranked it back up when the alarm started goin off to be honest i didn't look at my pressure at that moment i was just tryin to stop and shut off the motor. thanks for all the advice guys ill figure all this out one day hopefully.

My advice would be to get it to your dealer or a qualified mechanic and have the engine diagnostics ran. That should tell them alot about what happened. As far as the water pump goes, alot of people suggest replacing them every 3 years, but as inexpensive and easy as they are to change, I change mine every year when I change my lower unit grease.