Ethanol Letter

softbaitmaker

Dear Lamar,

This is the second time I have written you on this issue and I think it is about time for someone to listen. The E15 issue has rared it's ugly head once again. I have explained this problem once but will try and explain it more clearly. Please listen and understand I'm not an ignorant unknowledgeable person. I still carry the credentials of Master ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Certified Automobile Technician with over 35 years in the field of automotive repair. I have been able to prove on several occassions the many flaws in the EPA programs and Ethanol in any level placed in gasolene is trouble. Ethanol is nothing more than a high Tech Moonshine. It would be probably be better for human consumption the used as a fuel.

These are the things it is suppose to do and it does not work. It is suppose to help lower emmissions. Wrong, It does not lower emmissions because it collects moisture in all fuel systems with in turn causes a poor burn content of the fuels in the Combustion Chambers causing even more waste to travel out the tail pipes on all automobiles. It was said it would lessen our dependence on Foreign oil. Wrong again. Ethanol lowers the actual number of miles an auto can actually travel per gallon as much as 5 to 7 miles per gallon. That means a vehicle that would get 30 miles per gallon on 100% gasolene gets between 23 to 25 miles per gallon thus requiring the vehicle to be forced to stop and purchase fuel more often which instead of dereasing our dependence on foreign oil it increases the demand. Ethanol is also very costly in automotive repairs compared to cars that run on 100% gas. Since ethanol has been introduced into automotive fuels ethanol related repairs to consumers has increased by as much as 40% on the 10% ethanol. Add 5 % more and the rate wil almost double on auto repairs. Ethanol is a product created with corn. With Farms falling by the wayside do to economics do you really think we need to be making moonshine for fuel or using corn for food to feed the hungry in this country.

Now let me go one step farther and bring up the damage ethanol is causing in the Marine industry I will include a report sent to me by the NMMA regarding ethanol related motor damages caused by ethanol. A boat is also a large investment and where car motors cost $3000.00 dollars to replace outboard motors like my Yamaha on my bass boat costs $15,000.00 to replace. It has aready been in the shop twice for ethanol related issues. I am a member of teh top fishing Bass fishing networks in the country and if you think the Tea parties can march on Washington DC, if this ethanol issue does not get resolved and corrected and the bass anglers and the weekend warrior fishermen of this country are going to drag their boats to Washington D.C. and I wonder how the President and Congress would like to see about 35,000 fishing boats and Ski boats and maybe a few cabin Cruisers parked around the White House in protest to ethanol. It has already been discussed the first time they mentioned E15 but was put on hold because E15 was put on the back burner. Below you will find the report by the NMMA.

WASHINGTON — After several delays to allow for more scientific testing, the Environmental Protection Agency is expected to make a decision shortly on a waiver petition to allow ethanol levels of up to 15 percent in gasoline sold in the United States.

A decision by the EPA is expected later this month or early next month, according to a release from the National Marine Manufacturer's Association.

NMMA says that reports indicate EPA may grant a “partial waiver” for some on-road vehicles only — meaning E15 would be approved for use in cars of certain model years, but not any marine engines.

"While we would be pleased that this scenario would exclude marine, we remain concerned about the risk of misfueling for boaters once E15 becomes available at gas stations," NMMA spokeswoman Christine Pomorski said in a statement. "We are also concerned that E15 will be marketed as a less expensive regular-grade fuel, while E10 will be available in premium grade gasoline. As consumers make fuel decisions primarily based on price, this increases the risk of misfueling."

NMMA, the Marine Retailers Association of America and a group of concerned businesses known as the “Say NO to Untested E15” coalition are encouraging boaters to write an e-mail to President Obama requesting that he urge the EPA to test all gasoline-powered engines, including marine engines, before allowing E15 into the marketplace.

Now after reading this report you know President Obama has not on inerest in listening to anyone complaining about a fuel issue when he is wanting to save his power in the Congress and Senate. That is why i chose to write you and I have recomended that everyone write their Senators and Congress person and I am writing you. Now i can prove my points of how much cost and damage E10 and E15 can cause. I would like for teh EPA to post a statistic report on the pros of Ethanol besides the closed door payoffs the Moonshiners are giving the EPA.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon on this issue.

Douglas Richards

I realize ya'll may be waiting on a reply to my email to Lamar and I'm sure he will send one as he always does. Sometimes it takes a week or so but he does reply. Now while ya'll are waiting on mine how about ya'll writing to your Senators and Congress people and tell them to say no to E 15 Ethanol. If you need to copy and paste this from my email and send it along with yours. Just tell them you don't want or need E15 and your a voter and they need your vote to stay in office.Tell them you expect a reply to your email of you will know which way to vote and they will write you back.

WASHINGTON — After several delays to allow for more scientific testing, the Environmental Protection Agency is expected to make a decision shortly on a waiver petition to allow ethanol levels of up to 15 percent in gasoline sold in the United States.

A decision by the EPA is expected later this month or early next month, according to a release from the National Marine Manufacturer's Association.

NMMA says that reports indicate EPA may grant a “partial waiver” for some on-road vehicles only — meaning E15 would be approved for use in cars of certain model years, but not any marine engines.

"While we would be pleased that this scenario would exclude marine, we remain concerned about the risk of misfueling for boaters once E15 becomes available at gas stations," NMMA spokeswoman Christine Pomorski said in a statement. "We are also concerned that E15 will be marketed as a less expensive regular-grade fuel, while E10 will be available in premium grade gasoline. As consumers make fuel decisions primarily based on price, this increases the risk of misfueling."

NMMA, the Marine Retailers Association of America and a group of concerned businesses known as the “Say NO to Untested E15” coalition are encouraging boaters to write an e-mail to President Obama requesting that he urge the EPA to test all gasoline-powered engines, including marine engines, before allowing E15 into the marketplace.

Now after reading this report you know President Obama has not on inerest in listening to anyone complaining about a fuel issue when he is wanting to save his power in the Congress and Senate. That is why I chose to write you and I have recomended that everyone write their Senators and Congress person and I am writing you. Now i can prove my points of how much cost and damage E10 and E15 can cause. I would like for teh EPA to post a statistic report on the pros of Ethanol besides the closed door payoffs the Moonshiners are giving the EPA.

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon on this issue.

Archived