Temple Fork Outfitter rods..made by Gary Loomis

flipperjig

hey guys just wondering if any of you have ever used these rods??? i kinna like the way they feel and they seem to be built very good... i was also wondering if you have used one of them what you thought about them compaired to say a older GLOOMIS rod.... i know these rods are alot cheaper then the older GLOOMIS rods.... im thinking about going to these rods just for the price of them...half the price of a regular GLOOMIS rod now..... let me know what you guys think!!

I fish the Shimano's too and love them, but I did buy a 7'6" TFO medium spinning rod in Beaufort this fall to redfish with. I caught allot fish on it and it was sensitive and handled fish up to 8 lbs well. Its allot cheaper than the Shimanos, so its not really fair to compare them as equals. I don't think you lose as much in the performance as you do in the over the counter warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

me and James talked with Michael Dove about the TFO rods at the Knoxville show. generally there is a lot of salesman bull crap in a discussion like this one. but, he seemed like a down to earth guy and spoke in simple, straight forward terms about the manufacturing process of the rods, and what makes them different and better than some other rods out there. all that was great, but for me seeing this type of flexibility in the tip AND this much backbone on the same rod was amazing!  the rod I picked up was a 7' 3" med./fast and you could bend the first 2 feet double! and still had plenty of backbone. the tip didn't "give up" it still had a med./fast feel to it, it was just that strong. most rods that will bend that well, feel like crap, or will bend all the way to the handle. not this one, it felt great. I'm not trying to sell anyone a rod here, just telling ya'll about what I actually saw and felt. 

Edited by GlitterRocket

I have to agree with Joey completely on these rods. I looked at about 10 different rods while we had some down time at the show this weekend and the TFOs were by far the most impressive. I have never seen a rod that you could bend double and still have the backbone that those rods had. I have always been a little skeptical about rods that are as light weight as the TFOs when it comes to hook sets on lures such as jigs, t-rigs, c-rigs, etc. but I would have no worries with this line of rods. I can't say that they fish as good as they feel just by picking them up, but I would definitely be willing to give them a try.