crankin rods

alumacraft09

I've got the Bass Pro 7'6" expandable medium heavy Crankin Stick. I use it for big Fat Free Shads, DD22's, Hot Lips Express Deep diving Spro lil John's. It was on sale for $59 last year i think they are regular $79. For the money it can't be beat. It's got a good soft tip and you can feel the cranks working and hitting the bottom good. I like that it expands and retracts, it's alot easier to store in a rod locker. IMHO if you can find the old, brown, expandable Castaway launcher it is the best cranking rod I have ever used but they are double the price of the BPS crankin stick and hard to find. Bucks N Bass in Dandridge used to keep them and Colgard in Norton used to keep them.

I have an original David Fritts 7.6 Fiberglas cranking stick that I use to use back when I was into serious crankin but don't do it much anymore so now it hangs on the rack and collects dust.............. :thumbsup2:

:wavesmile: why dont you just tell the man you want to sell it.... :thumbsup2::smash: :smash:

I've got the Bass Pro 7'6" expandable medium heavy Crankin Stick. I use it for big Fat Free Shads, DD22's, Hot Lips Express Deep diving Spro lil John's. It was on sale for $59 last year i think they are regular $79. For the money it can't be beat. It's got a good soft tip and you can feel the cranks working and hitting the bottom good. I like that it expands and retracts, it's alot easier to store in a rod locker. IMHO if you can find the old, brown, expandable Castaway launcher it is the best cranking rod I have ever used but they are double the price of the BPS crankin stick and hard to find. Bucks N Bass in Dandridge used to keep them and Colgard in Norton used to keep them.

i just got a couple of their bionic blades for fathers day. one was the 7'6" expandable and a 7' medium. like the 7'6" for jigs and deep diving cranks and the 7' for jerkbaits

:wavesmile: why dont you just tell the man you want to sell it.... :thumbsup2::smash: :smash:

Most likely because it is not for sale. It was a gift from David Fritts during a guide trip I took him on when they came to Old Hickory back in the early 90's for a Mega Bucks event. After we finished fishing that day he handed the Rod and Reel to me he fished with that day along with my trip fee. It has a Daiwa PT 33C Super HI-Power 3.8:1 Pro Caster Reel on the rod. Figure I will pass it down to Tommy someday. He has asked about it a couple times to hang on the wall in his Man Cave room in his house. ....... :moon::moon::moon::poke:

I use a shimano crucial 7' med/hvy power med/ fast action. It has a real good tip on it & will throw a crankbait a mile........................................But i dont ever throw them.

I've heard the Crucial Crankin Rods are SWEET! Shimano has the best lifetime warranty in the business IMHO. :2cents:

I love throwing cranks and have tried several different set ups but my favorite for the deep cranks is a 7'11 shimano crucial with a daiwa crazy cranker zillion reel. you can crank all day and it doesn't wear you out. There may be a better rod out there but when you consider price, warranty, weight, and performance I think shimano has a pretty good record with all their rods.